August 12, 2012

Another Shishito Pepper Sighting in Aspen: at Pacifica Restaurant & Oyster Bar

I'm telling you, shishito peppers really are the rage in Aspen this year. Last night I ate at Pacifica and not only were shishito peppers offered as an appetizer, but also served with a main dish and as a side option! Shishito peppers are so popular that Pacifica decided to put them on the menu three different times!

I must confess, I did not try the peppers last night; after all, I don't want to over do them. However, if you end up in Aspen and have a craving for seafood or oysters, Pacifica really does do a fabulous job. The lunch crowd is the typical "Aspen-chic" and if you want to see or be seen, the patio is the place to be. The dinner scene is far less crowded during the summer and last night was surprisingly nice and peaceful, especially for a Saturday night.

My boyfriend and I sat at the bar and were welcomed by a very nice female bartender who gave us the local's "hook up"with beer and wine. For dinner, we decided to share everything and ordered the following: a 1/2 dozen of east coast oysters, grilled calamari, moules frites, and the halibut as our main course. The food was fresh and flavorful. It was not mouth-watering or hands-down the best dinner in town, but for seafood in Colorado, it was good and our overall experience was very pleasing. Our only complaints were that the oysters were tiny and the flavor of the grilled calamari was overpowered by the blend of warm tomatoes and arugula that came with the dish. However, the poached halibut with a lobster reduction was cooked to perfection and the fish flaked off with every bite.

You probably already know this, but nine times out of ten, if I am going out for a special dinner, I am going to order dessert. The two of us shared the highly recommended butterscotch pudding and it was wonderfully rich with a silky texture. The flavor of the butterscotch was exquisite and my mouth is watering as I write about it.

Before last night it had been a while since I had dined at Pacifica. Considering the quality of the food and pleasant atmosphere, I will surely return.

If you go: check out their burger and beer lunch special and their famous mojito during happy hour from 3:30 - 5pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment